18 March 2021

sketchy

It was the 1 year anniversary for our 'shelter in place' this week. Wow - hard to believe! What do you do to occupy your spare time right now? I've been really good at reading, exercising and eating ... not so good at cleaning the house, yard work, or practicing languages and piano.  ;) Just grateful to be healthy, to be able to go outside, to be employed and to be able to see friends at a distance.

I got to pick the challenge for Seize the Birthday this week... so I pulled together a sketch.  Thanks Ashwini for "blogifying it"! I was inspired by this card of mine, just flipped on it's side.  This card was not at all what I initially envisioned... I like it but don't love it ... but I'm posting it anyway.  LOL!  Maybe I'll warm up to it.



Hope you are able to play along!  I always love sketch interpretations.  There are some brilliantly creative ones from our Surprise Party Guest Carol and the rest of the DT over at the blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you are staying healthy and sane (mostly anyway)!

Glenda

Card details:
Oh happy day - 6.25" x 4.25"
Stamps: Mondo Gerbera from Ellen Hutson/Julie Ebersole, Loads of Wishes from AveryElle
Inks: Versamark, VersaFine Clair in Nocturne, Distress Oxides
Paper: watercolour paper, black card stock, SU! Granny Apple
Accessories: clear drops from Studio Katia, white embossing powder, clear embossing powder, SU! embossing folder, sewing machine

11 comments:

  1. I certainly love your colouring of the mondo gerbera! A happy card for someone's happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your splattered Gerbera!!! And too funny---I literally have this set sitting on my craft desk right now as a reminder to finally USE IT soon!!! HA! Great sketch!!! Definitely hoping to play along :) Sounds like you're doing a great job of making the most of these crazy times we're living in. We've been doing a lot of solo hiking, reading, cooking---trying lots of new recipes, which has been fun, and most recently clearing a lot of snow---we had a big storm over the weekend and got 3 feet of snow! I've also had more time to stamp and make cards, which I absolutely LOVE to do! Stay healthy and safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sketch challenge Glenda, it is fun to get outside the norm, the sketch was a great idea! I love your flower and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I got a sneak peek at this beauty! As I said before it's perfect! Love the way you did the flower! As for the past year. Grateful I could retire is at the top of my list! I need to remind myself of that when I am down in the dumps. Eating way too much for sure, making cards like mad, and reading but not as much as I should. I am an introvert by nature and I think being at home hasn't done me any favors in that department. I can sign up for my shot next week and hubby got his first one yesterday, so things are improving! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fun daisy! I LOVED this sketch! It was fun creating from it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a breath of fresh air for Spring and the celebration of one year in staying at home. Love your sketch idea, I think the first one we have done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch challenge Glenda, I might get the hang of these! Love the bold gerbera. Sounds like your lockdown has been very productive, hope things ease up soon now that vaccinations are rolling out, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketch challenge Glenda. Love your card with that big daisy.
    Sounds like you are staying busy during your lockdown and glad you are staying healthy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crushing over your big bloom; a sign of Spring's arrival (although here, in Cochrane AB, we're having a snow storm!).
    It's been an honour to guest design with you and the team for the past two months! Thank you so much!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I always love your cards, but there are times that make me think 'now why didn't I think of making something like that'. This is one of those times. I absolutely love that large flower, and I love how you've 'dressed it up'! :D Its an awesome card, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The freckled Daisy is so pretty, Glenda! That was a great sketch you can do many things with! I had so much fun! Thank you :)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}