21 January 2021

very vellum

Seize the Birthday is playing with transparency/vellum this week (courtesy of Ashwini). Thanks for the great challenge. I chose vellum as it just seemed to fit the feel of my card.  Please ignore my slightly tipsy 'happy' ... guess it got into my martini from last time! Loved putting the stitching on this (it's a great way to attach the vellum), especially since this is one of the few things I've sewed lately that wasn't a mask! 

happy birthday

Hope you are able to play along and have some fun with this! Be sure to check out all of the fun creations from the rest of the team and our Surprise Party Guest Julie Peddicord!  This is Julie's last week with us.  Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us Julie!



Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a terrific day and wonderful weekend. 
Glenda

Card details:
happy birthday- 4 ¼" x 5 ½"  
Stamps: Altenew Halftone Happy, Taylored Expressions Rough Notes Background 
Ink: Versafine Black, Altenew Lava Rock
Paper: white, black, grey & blue card stock, watercolour paper
Accessories: watercolour pencils, sewing machine, SU! enamel dot, Simon Says Stamps daisy & happy die

7 comments:

  1. That is a good way to attach the vellum! And sets off the pretty flower perfectly. Let's call the happy "whimsical", then it can seem like it was done on purpose. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS superbly done. I love the look and design of this card. As Lindsey said, whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome CAS card -- I miss seeing stitching on cards -- looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty CAS card Glenda. Love the white daisy on the vellum. Love your stamped background too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the happy looks great it seemed intentional to me and looks playful! This card is pure Glenda and Perfection! I adore it! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the zig zag stitching and clever way to attach the vellum, the embossed flower looks so crisp and touchable on the vellum too, gorgeous texture, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the stitching..and the grid background and the pretty daisy! Looks absolutely fantastic! Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}