04 February 2021

whole lotta hearts

Welcome to February friends!  Everyone I've been talking to this week says "where did February go?". I am in agreement - January seemed to fly by even though I don't feel like I did much. Struggling a bit with pandemic fatigue... really itching to get on an airplane jet off to far away lands.  It's been too long... just trying to be patient and keep myself busy with reading, exercise and video chats!

So in honour of February, we are playing with hearts over at Seize the Birthday.  The theme is courtesy of our fearless and amazing leader Nancy! I love using hearts (especially since I don't make Valentine's Day cards) for birthday cards and 'miss you' cards.  When I first envisioned this card, the hearts were going to be running the same way as the alcohol ink. However, when I started building it, I decided it looked much better with them being oriented in opposite directions.  What do you think? Now wondering if I should have put some bling on it.... oh well. This card is pretty CAS and didn't take long to put together.  Which is exactly how I like it... remind me to tell you about the card I made for the next Seize the Birthday challenge.  It was quite the opposite to this one as far as how long it took... "insert eye roll here"


Hope you can play along! Be sure to check out the lovely creations from the rest of the team and welcome our new Surprise Party Guest, the fabulous Carol Mayne! Really looking forward to having her join us.


Hope you are keeping well and thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a terrific day and a wonderful weekend.
Glenda

Card details:
happy birthday- 4 ¼" x 5 ½"  
Stamps: Cathy Zeilske
Ink: Versafine black, SU! Real Red, Ranger Alcohol Ink Watermelon
Paper: white, Yupo
Accessories: MFT Hearts Entwined die

11 comments:

  1. Glenda, I think it is perfect the way you oriented the hearts on the alcohol ink. And you know really with all the shine from the alcohol and those white entwined hearts, you did not need any bling, so yu made it just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made exactly the right choice with the ink/hearts orientation. And what a beautiful inked panel too! (I have no idea what you're talking about regarding the next challenge. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I like your orientation selection on your pretty card. Love the white hearts over the red alcohol ink. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ink/hearts card is absolutely gorgeous, Glenda. Love the orientation and the overall design as is. No bling needed.
    Thrilled to be guest designing with you and the team for the next two months.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this card! That red inked background is amazing - I am pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That alcohol inked background is beautiful and the hearts over it, perfect! Love this gorgeous CAS card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glenda! This card so so striking and lovely! I had to find out how you did that background and now I see that it was alcohol inks. It is so CAS but glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this so much! One of my favs of yours for sure! The alcohol inks sure were cooperative for you that day. Mine tend to run together and make a big brown blob. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks awesome, and I think it would look awesome, no matter which direction the inks ran! Loving the look of those pure white hearts over the read - fancy and modern looking! Great going, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll vote for this design with the opposite orientation! I like that some of the hearts are on the white background! Awesome CAS design as always, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your design, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}