18 February 2021

...and end scene

It never ceases to amaze me, after all these years of card making, how some cards just come together so quickly and easily (like this one) and others take FOREVER to get right. Our current challenge at Seize the Birthday is to create a scene.  Thanks (maybe?) to my friend Lindsey for choosing this one.  Scenes are always a struggle for me - this one perhaps the biggest struggle ever but definitely happy with the result. 

I chose an ocean scene because I love the ocean and thought it would be easy. I really don't know how long this card took (at least an hour).  I kept picking up things and moving them around (definitely lost some paper thickness on some of those little pieces), swearing, making new (this card had an octopus on it originally) and different pieces in different colours, swearing more, moving stuff around more.  Amazed that moving things around that had already been attached didn't leave any adhesive or tears. I felt sorry for my friend Jo who was online crafting with me that day.  I was relieved to finally get the the scene together. I then had to draw in the & between the two sentiments and had to hold my breath that I got it right and didn't ruin the card.  I really love this card but I don't love how long it took. Apologies for the long story. I'm not complaining, just lamenting my incompetence  - lol.

big hugs & birthday wishes

Hope you can join us!  Be sure to check out what Carol, our Surprise Party Guest, and the rest of the team created!

Create a Scene


Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you are staying well and staying sane.
Glenda

Card details:
big hugs & birthday wishes- 4 ¾" x 4 ¾"  
Stamps: Mama Elephant (sentiments), SU! Sea of Textures
Ink: Distress Inks (too many to remember), VersaFine Black
Paper: watercolour
Accessories: SU! Sea of Textures dies, Memory Box Elegant Jellyfish

10 comments:

  1. Super fun sea scene! The "water" looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be happy with your underwater scene. It looks great with all those amazing details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I am sorry to cause you such stress, this scene is amazing! Beautiful underwater background for this elegant jellyfish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes a LOT of time goes into the making of a card; I think mine average about an hour, even those that are full-on CAS. The one I shared for this challenge probably neared closer to 2-3 hours. The time you invested with your card is time well-spent; it's absolutely lovely!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! I so enjoyed reading this post. I am sure that I would have walked away a few times if this was me. I am glad that you preserved. This card scene is incredible and so grand. I love love the background and the sea urchin. You & is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those little blobs of darker blue.. makes me think more of warm ocean filled with sunlight. And I am so happy with all the colorful bits spread throughout the card. Taking so long to make it really paid off. It's spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a brilliant underwater scene, Glenda! I love how you placed the see grasses, corals and the tiny fish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, unless you share this story we sure wouldn't know what you went through to get this amazing card. The background is stunning and all your elements are perfectly placed. I love this and wish I had underwater stamps and dies...wait, maybe I do...oh gosh, better go look for another time. Stunning card, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this card Glenda, the background is stunning, the colours amazing, that purple jellyfish and it's placement is perfect, as is the wispy sentiment. Your process sounds like mine for nearly every card I make lol!! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love everything about this card! The dappled colours of the sea, the contrasting colours of the seaweed and that big bold purple jellyfish... well, I don’t love jellyfish, but it looks great on this card 😄

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}