20 February 2024

Colour Hues - Lilac & Mint

For some reason, I seem to gravitate towards colour challenges that will REALLY challenge me. This time it's lilac and mint from Colour Hues.  I don't have any trouble with the darker purples and greens but this pastel combo is challenging!  Used some Distress Oxides to make a smooshed watercolour background, and then stayed CAS with the rest ... hope you like it.



Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great day.  I appreciate your comments.

Card details:
happy birthday - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: SU! (poppy), A Muse (sentiment)
Inks: Versafine Black, Distress Oxide Peeled Paint & Shaded Lilac,Versa Claire Nocturne
Paper: grey card stock, Distress Watercolour stock
Accessories: MFT stitched rectangle die, clear embossing powder, Tim Holtz water brush pen

6 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful CAS design! Your soft, smooshed background is just lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smooshed watercoloured background is lovely and the dainty bloom is so pretty topped off with the perfect sentiment! Love! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful smooshed background and such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card, Glenda! I adore that stylish little flower and of course how great the smooshed ink background looks. Thank you for stepping up to the challenge and sharing your fabulous CAS design with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you were intrigued with our colors and you already know I love your card! Thanks for playing along at CH! Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not big on pastels either Glenda. I much prefer the richer hues. I commend you on taking on a true challenge. This is just beautiful. Love the watercolored background. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}