22 August 2024

rad retro

Our Seize the Birthday challenge this week was chosen by Jules and it's retro! Always fun. I love typewriters but don't have a typewriter stamp so borrowed one from a friend. I think of this colour combo and big stripes as being retro so thought it would make a good background. I tried to find a marker that matched the blue paper but nothing was quire right so I paper pieced it.  The sentiment was printed off the computer and then I stamped around it.


Be sure to stop by the blog and give some crafty love to our Surprise Party Guest Karen, previous winner Nance, and the rest of the design team.  Hope you're able to play along with us!


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
Glenda

Card details:
Happy Birthday -  5½" x 4¼"  
Stamps: Jillibean Soup, sentiment printed in American Typewriter font
Inks: Versafine Black
Paper: SU! Old Olive, Tangerine Tango and Soft Sky, white card stock
Accessories: enamel hearts

7 comments:

  1. Love those background stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this card sitting right here! Thanks again, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice use of retro colors for the background and I love the old fashioned typewriter as a focal image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colours remind me of the 70's! Perfect retro card with the cute typewriter, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great background for the cute typewriter. I remember those days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your background stripes are the perfect background for your retro typewriter, Glenda. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab retro card, Glenda! The bold stripes make the perfect background for the sweet typewriter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}