18 July 2011

bold, bright & happy

Hope you had a great weekend.  Maybe today's bright and bold card will liven up your Monday!  This card is for CAS-ual Friday #11 Create a Clean And Simple project using a sweet or a treat.  I hope this is clean and simple enough!  I am using one of the bonus colour combinations from Summer Card Camp Week 3.  The layout was inspired by this card from my fab friend Cheiron (which I am lucky enough to have on my mantle).  I made this card on Saturday which happened to be my birthday... my hubby said to me "Isn't that sad, you had to make yourself a birthday card".  Hee, hee... no worries though, I did receive several, including some lovely hand made ones from my crafty friends.



This is my last "fresh" post for a while as I am headed off to work again.  See above...
I have several scheduled posts over the next few weeks so be sure to check back!
Have an amazing summer and thanks for stopping by.
Glenda

Card details:
happy, happy birthday - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler, Inkadinkadoo Cupcakes
Paper: white card stock, SU! Tangerine Tango and Cool Caribbean, Bazzill Basics Wild Berry (I think), lime (random scrap)
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip & Regal Rose, VersaMagic Key Lime
Accessories: Copic Marker - Cadmium Orange, Martha Stewart glitter, Basic Grey Button, PTI Chocolate Baker's Twine, The Twinery Pink Sorbet Baker's Twine, Cuttlebug, Seeing Spots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, SU! corner rounder punch

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Love the textured color blocks and it really is a breath of bright happiness on a Monday! :) Glad you had some fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card- it is so cheerful! And I hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally loving your card. The embossing is awesome and the bold colors look soooo good. I hope your b-day was great (loved your new shoes).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum, yum! Love the colors with the textured circles, the cupcake is fab and the twine and sentiment is paired perfectly :)Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super yummy!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}