22 May 2011

Sweet Sunday

Hope all my Canadian friends are having a fantastic long weekend! Hopefully summer has finally arrived where you are... it seems to be taking it's sweet time.

If you were around here last week you will have seen my sweet strawberry card. Well, I'm slightly obsessed and have made another card for the Unity Tooty Fruity challenge.


This strawberry stamp is just so freakin' cute! I'm usually not into cute but there's something about it. I think it's how big it is and how well it works for paper piecing. One note on this card, as compared to the last one where I glued on white dots, is that I used Enamel Accents to do the white dots on the strawberry. The jury is still out on which one is more painful. Gluing the dots is time consuming and fussy. Using Enamel Accents is quick and easy initially but they take a long time to dry and I made the mistake of doing them before I put the card together. Not good for an impatient person like me. Miraculously, I put it together while they were still wet and didn't smudge ANYTHING! You have no idea how miraculous that is... I'm a klutz with a capital K. A frequent occurrence around here is my hubby shaking his head, rolling his eyes and laughing, saying "how did you do that?".

Have a 'sweet' weekend and thanks so much for stopping by.
Glenda

Card details:
sweetest day part II - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: Unity sweetest day
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety, A Muse Studio gingham, SU! Real Red & Basic Black, Gina K white
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip & Old Olive
Accessories: PTI twine, Fiskars 1/4" rectangle hand punch, scrap of gingham ribbon, SU! corner rounder punch, Tim Holtz Enamel Accents, EK Success Large Border Punch
Picnic

2 comments:

  1. Love that little strawberry! Great use of the enamel as well. Might have to get me some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another ultra adorable strawberry card! I can see why you are so addicted to it right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}