22 February 2024

regal red

I was over the moon when I saw JoAnn's theme for this week's Seize the Birthday challenge.  It's RED! It's my favourite colour. I went very CAS so the red would shine - the splotches remind me a bit of flower petals.  The sentiment is one I love but haven't used it for a while. Hope you like what I've come up with.


Be sure to check out the blog to see the rest of the design team creations as well as our Surprise Guest Designer, Deborah Wheeler .

Thanks for stopping by,
Glenda

Card details:
happy birthday
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Inks: Versafine Black, Alcohol Ink
Paper: white card stock, Yupo paper
Accessories: gems, MFT Stitched Rectangle Die, Stitched Square Die, gems

11 comments:

  1. Wow, Glenda! This is a fabulous card. An eye catching background only needed that sentiment. They look like rose petals too! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda, I have to agree with you and Barbara. The background looks like rose petals to me too. Beautiful card. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous AI background created for your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great use of the color, Glenda! As I have told you before, you are good with Alcohol Inks. Hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I agree, looks like lashings of rose petals, love the tones in the alcohol inks, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Glenda and I too think the splotches look like flower petals. Glad you like red and enjoyed the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bold background does indeed look like florals!!! This is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The splotches remind me of rose petals! Brilliant and gorgeous splashes of red. Brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card, Glenda! It reminds me of the poppy petals that are released from the ceiling of the Royal Albert Hall at the Remembrance service each year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card, Glenda! Your background is really striking! and you are so right in only needing a sentiment to complete it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}