12 October 2009

Random Amusing Challenge #42 and some amuse bouche

Hey there... I am back from Malaysia. It was a good trip, loved the weather, had a great variety of food (Malaysian, Chinese, Indian, Indonesia, Japanese... mostly yummy, like the sour plum/lime juice, but I could have done without the cow spinal cord... although the curry it was in was fantastic), and had a long journey home. I was in the air for a good portion of 18 hours but had a 10 hour layover in Beijing on the way home (got to visit some friends when I was there) and was up for 18 hours before I even got on the flight. Was up for another 9 hours after I got home. So, in summary, probably slept for about 9 hours all together over the span of about 48 hours. No worries though... I don't usually get lag. Although, that said... I was awake Saturday night/Sunday at 3 a.m.... so I did some stamping!!!! Today's card is a result of my early morning activities.

Ok... enough babbling... today's card knocks two things off of my long "to do" list... this week's challenge and today's amuse-bouche (a.k.a A Muse sneak peak). You read correctly... it is amuse-bouche time again! Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net The challenge this week to make a thank you card. This is in honour of Canadian Thanksgiving (happy day everyone!) and of the Stationery/Fall release for A Muse. The theme for the amuse-bouche today is autumn elegance. Loving this release, especially the new shimmer papers - it may be hard to see but the card base and the damask pattern papers are shimmery... oooooohhhh, aaaaaahhh. Spot the pearls? They are new too... I'm not usually a fan of pearls but after playing with them... they are getting a bit addictive, just like twinkle stickers. My friend Anne Ryan will be happy. Thanks to Armie, Kerry, Cheiron, and Victoria (owner of Crafty Capers - teaching there this weekend) for playing last week. If you upload to Splitcoast Stampers, use the keyword GRAC42. Use a little A Muse if you can... always appreciated but not required! Be sure to check the A Muse News as well as the Muse's blogs all this week for sneaks from the new release... in stores soon and online on Friday!

Hope you have a chance to play along with the challenge. I will have more amuse-bouche this week so keep checking back. Also, I'm teaching at Treasured Memories on Saturday and Crafty Capers on Sunday - check my class schedule for details! Hope to see you there.

Have a great week... fall has arrived here (where is my 30+ degrees C I had in Kuala Lumpur?) so it's time to bundle up. Which means socks... Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net . Happily though, I have today off work!

Happy creating - Glenda.

Card details:
Stamps: A Muse Maple Leaf, Oak Leaf Flourish and Big Thanks
Papers: A Muse Espresso shimmer, Espresso Damask shimmer, Grass Damask shimmer, and white card stock
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves and Potter's Clay
Accessories: Sponge, A Muse Chocolate pearls

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Glenda. I think that "thanks" is my favorite sentiment! Love the DTP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spinal cord was probably more than I needed to know but glad you had a wonderful trip. Your crafty mojo obviously didn't leave you!! This is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! Cow spinal cord!!!!! NASTY NASTY NASTY! That's just W-R-O-N-G! And you ate it!!! ewwww!!!! I think I'm gonna puke! ha ha ha ha. OK...nuff of that already. SUPER CUTE card! Love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and how you bordered out your sentiment! The big "Thanks" is great!
    Help me here...cow spinal cord...ewww..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card....perfect for fall. But cow spinal cord? I WAS eating a beef brisket sandwich, but I'm done now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty - Love how you layered and damask paper and added the . . . with pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my you are a risk taker! no thanks to the cow:)
    love the card! hope there is some spiritual karma for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO pretty Glenda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty--love the paper layering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that last comment was from lexi--how did my name become a number?? lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Glenda,

    Glad to have you back! Wow, Malaysia and it sounded like you had a great time/adventure!!..except for that cow spinal thingy..I'd be like, "NEXT..!" :o)

    Another fun challenge you have this week. I made my card and hope you like it! I'm loving all the A Muse sneak peeks..fabulous fabulous new line of papers and images..!! Your card is awesome..sooo nice with all the new stuff..esp the new blings..choc pearls!! A must haves!!

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1511855

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glenda, love your card!!! And isn't the shimmery paper awesome? I love them so much. Here is mine.

    http://kerryischilling.blogspot.com/2009/10/relaxing-morning.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}