09 July 2009

Spot challenge, classes, camel riding and dune bashing

I have just (literally) arrived home from Abu Dhabi. I am attempting to stay awake after 24 in transit... so I am blogging. I surprise myself sometimes. I am waiting for Karl to get home so am killing some time. Also, I want to post my card for Jennie's A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA challenge. Plus, there are some class reminders for A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA (which starts tomorrow - wow, did that ever sneak up on me!!!)

First the challenge - Spot. I chose to do the reverse spotlight technique - what do you think? Love this technique as well as the colour combo here. Thanks Jennie!

Second- class reminders. I have 5 classes between now and July 19th so check out my class schedule. Oodles of fun to be had! The new A Muse holiday line is fabulous!!!

Third - here are some pics from from my trip. I went on a desert safari tour, which included dune bashing, camel riding, belly dancing performance and a desert BBQ. Dune bashing - what a rush. One of the coolest things I have ever done - like being on a roller coaster in a Toyota Land Cruiser. Thought we were going to roll a few times as we slid down sand dunes sideways but the drivers were impressive in their skills and the trucks impressive in their power and maneuverability. Highly recommend it if you ever have the opportunity. However, you can't have a weak stomach and best not to each much before you go!



Yep... that's me on a camel. Who would have ever thought???.... definitely not me. If Jill is reading, the top photo is from where I got your sand. Friend and fellow A Muse instructor Jill collects sand samples for her classroom - she is a school teacher and fellow science geek. I brought her back a sand sample from here and also from my trip to Iceland.

This weekend will involve prep for me for my classes - be sure to sign up for one (or two or three) if you are on Vancouver Island.

Hope all is well in everyone's world and be sure to check out A Muse News tomorrow for all the A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA festivities! Also, as of this afternoon the Lounge is back up and running thanks to Heather's hard work. Thanks Heather. You can navigate to the A Muse lounge from the A Muse home page.

Take care and happy creating... Glenda

Card details:
Stamps: A Muse sakura and thank you mix MA
Paper: A Muse Swiss Red note card, white and black card stock
Ink: A Muse black dye ink, SU! real read and marigold morning
Accessories: A Muse grosgrain stitched ribbon in red, black and papaya, Fiskars rectangle punch, sponge, Marvy trimming buddy scallop blade

4 comments:

  1. Awesome photos Glenda! Have a great weekend and enjoy your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Glenda! Great colors and fun technique! Awesome pictures too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun Glenda!!! First of all, the card is spectacular! I can tell you spent some good time on that :) Very clever take on "spot". Sounds like you had a marvelous time in Abu Dhabi - the pictures are awesome! Can't wait for the sand :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll see you this weekend Glenda :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}