24 August 2023

marvelous music

Is anyone else finding it hard to believe it's the end of August?! This (Northern Hemisphere) summer seems to have flown by. I'm a summer lover so am hoping for the weather to stay nice as long as possible (although we definitely need some rain).

At Seize the Birthday this week, Jules has picked the theme make it musical.  I love listening to music and I know how to play a few instruments but I realize that my musical crafty supplies are not very plentiful. I found an SU! old set and used the bass clef (I wanted to use the treble clef too but just couldn't get it to work in the design). I did an Distress Oxide smoosh background, then penciled in the staff and then stamped the bass clef.  I was going to to go over the staff with a fine pen but I ended up liking how the pencil looked. After the card was done, I thought I should have separated birthday so it was more like how the Happy Birthday song goes. Oh well...


Hope you can play along with us! Check out the blog for the rest of the marvelous creations from the DT as well as our Surprise Party Guest Izzy.



Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you have a terrific day.
Glenda

Card details:
Happy Birthday to You - 5½" x 4¼"  
Stamps: Hero Arts (sentiment), SU! (bass clef)
Ink: Versafine Black, SU! Blackberry Bliss, Distress Oxide Stormy Sky
Paper: Distress Watercolour Stock, white card stock
Accessories: EK Success corner rounder punch, black dots, pencil

11 comments:

  1. Glenda, great card with your smooshed background and the stamped bass clef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear this card singing Happy Birthday to the recipient. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bass clef is so stylish and I love the staff you drew. Fabulous CAS card ! Thank you very much for welcoming me to your team for the past 2 months, it has been a real pleasure !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card, Glenda! Love the background! We need rain but probably not as bad as you all do! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great universal design that would suit anyone for their birthday and looks crisp and modern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job with this challenge Glenda! And today is a very low cloud kind of day with even a little mist in the air...I am a sun lover too, I hope we have a few more weeks if not a month of nice weather before the rains set in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Glenda. I like how you did the smooshed background and you drew the lines for your music note - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a fabulous job with the staff! I thought it was a stamp. I'm envious of your musical abilities. Alas, I have none...singing off key is my specialty. ha! Wonderful card Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab CAS musical card, Glenda! I like how the words have replaced the notes on the stave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever design Glenda. I like listening to music but have no talent otherwise :) Great CAS card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}