27 July 2023

beautiful books

Hey crafty friends - it's my turn to host at Seize the Birthday! I'm a super avid reader and a book nerd so I picked the theme: be inspired by a book. Here's my creation - pretty happy with how it turned out.  I have to say that the blending looks better in the photo than in person (lol!).


This is the book I was inspired by.  It's a beautiful book cover and beautiful to read as well - I was lucky enough to receive it from a friend as a gift.


Hope you can play along with us! Check out the blog for the rest of the beautiful creations from the DT as well as our new Surprise Party Guest Izzy.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you have a beautiful day.
Glenda

Card details:
Sending Birthday Wishes - 4¼" x 5½"
Stamps: none!
Ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Oxide inks
Paper: black & white card stock, Distress Heavy Stock
Accessories: Spellbinders hot foil plate & die (for sentiment), Memory Box die, white paint

10 comments:

  1. What a stunning bright and vivid blending background. Your silhouette flowers pop up so beautifully on it. That was a wonderful theme to play with. So happy to be your Surprise Party guest. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda, your card is stunning, gorgeous, blended background. The challenge was indeed a challenge. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda I want to thank you for a great challenge. You immediately what book I wanted to do as I recently read it and it made a big impression on me. I only had to look on the Internet for digital spoon images and then do my own sentiment and it was done. I love how you duplicated the cover of your book to your card. It's fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh! You captured that book cover fabulously. Gorgeous sunset. I need to check into this one. Thank you for such a fun prompt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful Glenda and a great take on the cover on the book. Your ink blending looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Glenda for this fun challenge! Your card is stunning and represents the cover of your book so well, beautiful ink blending!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've captured the cover perfectly, gorgeous colours and silhouette. Thankyou for the fun challenge, I've got a few good reads to chase up :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Glenda, this is truly inspirational! Love the way you used the book cover to inspire your beautiful ink blended background and the flower silhouette. Off to my bookshelves for some card inspiration!! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you went for the cover (and beautifully!) rather than the theme. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! The colors are so mesmerizing and your interpretation looks really awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}