01 August 2022

love for Lindsey

Well, this is the hardest post I've ever had to write. My friend, and fellow Seize the Birthday teammate, Lindsey Martin-Penny has passed away from cancer. I'm absolutely gutted that this beautiful shining light, with all of her sass, humour, realness and kindness, is gone.  I was so fortunate to be able to meet Lindsey in person a few times and share some meals and laughs with her and her husband. In her last few days, I was sending her little videos from the beach (and maybe some photos of cocktails from my recent birthday party) and even when she was so sick, she had her love of life and sense of humour out in full force. She will be so missed by so many people and she'll always have a place in my heart.


Today the Seize the Birthday Team is playing along with their Sister Challenge - Color Hues where Lindsey was also a Design Team Member. This challenge was to be hosted by Lindsey, so the Design Team wants to honour and celebrate her beautiful, creative life by sharing "Lindsey Inspired" projects using her Blue and Purple combination, along with things she loved the most, as inspiration. 

We hope that you will join us as we pay tribute to our 
dear friend and teammate.


Here are a few of her favorite things:
humor, cats
gardening/flowers
love of reading
friendship
wine
tea
*If you are a regular at Color Hues and/or Seize the Birthday you might also know that Lindsey loved Clean and Simple cards too.
Here's my purple and blue wine card:

I have toasted Lindsey with a glass of wine (and maybe a cocktail too - cause she liked those as well) and trust it is always happy hour wherever she is right now.  She loved red almost as much as I do so I added just a wee pop of red in her honour. She had been commenting lately on how much she liked my alcohol ink cards lately so I thought it would appropriate to use it for this card.

We would love for you to join us and you can find all the details along with inspiration from both of the Design Teams over at the Color Hues blog below.
Thanks,
Glenda

3 comments:

  1. I love this card so much, Glenda, and Lindsey would've, too! We all share the same love for Paper Smooches. Your tribute made me cry. I still can't believe she's gone. 😭💔

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and a wonderful tribute to a very special woman who has touched so many lives, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words. I'm tearing up once again. I enjoyed reading this so much. Cheers to Linds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}