23 February 2023

red, white and ... purple

I am thrilled with JoAnn's Seize the Birthday challenge this week because it incorporates my favourite colour - RED! She has asked us to do red and white plus one other colour.  I would normally go easy & safe and pick kraft, maybe yellow or orange.  However, I decided to really challenge myself and go with purple. I love purple too but it's not the first colour I think of to go with red. Let me know your thoughts... had fun playing with my new-ish hot foiler (confess to going through more than a bit of red foil to get that sentiment right).


I'm hoping you can join us to play along. What amazing colour combo will you come up with? Be sure to check out all of the colourful creations from the rest of the team as well as Surprise Party Guest Stephanie (thanks for playing with us for the last couple of months!) and previous winner Claire.

Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific day.
Glenda

Card details:
happy birthday - 5"x3.5"
Paper: white card stock, SU! Blackberry Bliss
Accessories: Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foiling System, Hero Arts dots hot foiling plate, Pink Fresh happy birthday hot foiling plate and accompanying die, EK Success corner rounder punch, SU! enamel dots

11 comments:

  1. Great minds.... we both went with purple (though you can't tell from my pic). I do love red and purple together, and your card looks fantastic! Your foiling is wonderful. I promise after some practice, it will work the first time MOST of the time. Thanks for a great run at Seize The Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red is my favorite color too, and then purple. Your card is proof that those colors go together quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love purple and red together, so I agree it makes a stunning card! I ALSO LOVE YOUR FOILED SENTIMENT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun color choice Glenda! I have a harder time foiling sentiments then I do large backgrounds, so I feel you! Awesome card! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Glenda, and it turned out great with the purple. Love your foiled sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very striking!!!! Love the shiny foil against the dark purple background. One day I'll have a foiling day....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple and red are so striking together, love the shiny foiling too! I must get onto using my mini minc and have some foiling fun too! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think using the red with the purple kind of gives it a 3-D look. I love how you’ve done that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, Glenda! One of my sartorial outfits in my younger days was my purple leather jacket, teamed with a red A-line skirt that I’d made, and red leather platform shoes that I bought on my first trip to Italy. Head-turning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might not have chosen to go with purple, but I must admit, the red foil looks very striking and gorgeous! I am totally impressed with this card, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd never have though of using purple Glenda but it works brilliantly! Love the texture of those dots and the simplicity of the white ones in the corner...perfect amount of detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}