14 October 2021

stunning stencils

Welcome to another challenge over at Seize the Birthday. Cathy has chosen stencils this week.  I definitely have a bit of a stencil habit so the hard part was picking one.  I went with something simple to let the flower pop. Really like how this turned out. One embarrassing thing about this card? I've mailed it already so I can't remember what I used to watercolour the flower - Distress Inks or pencils. I suspect it was inks unless I was particularly thorough at blending out my pencil marks. Oops!


Be sure to pop on over to the blog to check out the delicious creations from the design team and welcome our new Surprise Party Guest, Carol McFarland. Great to have you join us Carol!



Hope you have a terrific day and a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Glenda

Card details:
Happy Birthday
Stamps: PTI (sentiment), Taylored Expressions (flower)
Ink: Versafile Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Distress Ink Broken China
Paper: white cardstock, watercolour paper
Accessories: Tim Holtz stencil, washi tape, pearls, fine Copic (for doodle border)

11 comments:

  1. You know, what ever you colored it with, It is stunning and I love the CAS look. Did you hand draw the line around the card? I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Beautiful flower, and the subtle stencilling is just right. (You know, I got really good at writing down supplies when I was doing 25 Tags last year, but I've slipped...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your design...the subtle background stencil and the beautiful flower (which could be any color and it would be just as lovely!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this type of CAS card -- the bg stenciling has such a great highlighting effect

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving my stencils too, Glenda! Awesome card and love how you framed it in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you've already sent the card out. I used to be so good about this but nowadays...not so much. The doodled edges are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your CAS card. That pretty flower really pops against your lightly stenciled background. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soft stenciled backdrop for the yellow flower works perfectly! I also love the piece of washi and the hand drawn frame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pretty flower looks great against the stencilled background, gorgeous CAS card. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never mind not remembering the coloring medium - I have a hard time remembering it so many times, I write it down!! :D
    Lovely card, Glenda - I love the clean stencilled look, really makes that pretty yellow flower pop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whatever you coloured it with, it looks great! (I was sure I’d already commented, but blogger has been playing up for me 😠)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}