16 July 2015

Free & easy

Happy Thursday and happy mid July!  Hard to believe this year is flying by so fast.  Hope you are enjoy your summer (or winter!).

The Seize the Birthday challenge is open (topping free) this week.  Surprise, surprise... I am posting another watercolour card.  Definitely an addict!  I made this a while ago - for a friend whose birthday was in June - she loves blue and I am loving putting blue and green together.  When I first learned this 'smoosh' technique from Jenn (distress ink smooshed on a craft sheet, misted with water and then watercolour paper smooshed on top), I was super scared about how it would turn out.... no need to be scared.  Always looks fabulous! Blogger is telling me smoosh isn't a word but I think you get the idea ;)


Hope you get a chance to play along this week!  All the details and the fabulous DT creations are on the blog.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a terrific day and a wonderful weekend.
Glenda

Card details:
happy birthday - 4.25"x4.25"
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Scripty Sayings
Paper: Canson watercolour, black card stock
Ink: Adirondack Black ink, Distress Ink - Mermaid Lagoon and Forest Moss
Accessories: water mister, sequins

5 comments:

  1. Love that 'smooshed' background! great colors and drippings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my *smoosh* always turns into *smooth* — which does kind of describe the simplicity of the technique! And your results are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great clean and simple card and I love the background, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. Love how the colours flow.
    I am also now one of your keen Followers via Google Friend Connect.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}