15 August 2012

Great journey

Happy Wednesday!  Hope you are having a great week so far.  I got a bit of time to craft so am playing along with some of the Hero Arts challenges this month.  The first one is clean and simple... it is definitely my 'go-to' style so had to play along.  I ended up with a single layer card with a hit of washi, a bit of splatter and a splash of glitter.


Next is the sketch I haven't tackled yet (the others are here and here... all sketches are shown below).  I needed a wedding card for some friends.  The colours in her bouquet were red, purple and yellow so thought I would use those colours as my inspiration.  She is dealing with breast cancer right now (see this post) so what they are going through now is definitely a journey.  I was 100% inspired by this card from my fabulous friend Emily.



Thank so much for stopping by.  Always appreciate your comments!
Glenda

Card details:
Great friend - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps:  Hero Arts Made with Love
Paper: white card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Mr. Huey's Sunset Mist, Smash tape (black), Queen & Co tape (red), Martha Stewart glitter

Journey - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: Hero Arts Newspaper Skyline, Air Mail (sentiment)
Paper:  white card stock, Jillibean Soup kraft
Ink: SU! Perfect Plum & Real Red, A Muse Buttercup
Accessories: EK Success punch, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Polka Dot embossing folder, Studio Calico veneers, Copic marker (for heart), A Muse ribbon

7 comments:

  1. Your first card -- splattered CAS goodness! The second card looks perfect for the recipients -- so nice! (But no sharks? :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Love these both, but that first one is A-MAZing!! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 'em! Great layouts on both and love your staple touch of red :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow great cards...that first one is amazing...i love that sentiment..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these, Glenda! The bit of splatter finishes the first card nicely and I love the colours and arrangement of the buildings on the second. Thanks for the shoutout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did the sketch not win? It is fantastic! I love the placement of the all the elements in the first card--super elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}