29 August 2011

Surf & turf spark

This is for the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.  It is an inspiration challenge using the photo below.  I've used the colours and the texture of the painted wood. You know pink is hard for me but managed to put a splash in (it was probably easier because I was in the pink-friendly home of my friend Jill Grace at the time).  Kim had suggested we could put some red in - but I just couldn't put the red and pink together this time (red & pink is harder than just pink). Just got this cute Surf and Turf set so had to use it (I'm not usually into cute but cute sea creatures.... I just couldn't resist).  It's hard to see but I put Diamond Glaze on the fish eye balls.




Enough complaining about the pink.  Thanks to Kim for a fun challenge!  Hope you have a great week and thanks for dropping by.
Glenda

Card details:
Hey gill-friend - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Surf and Turf
Paper:  A Muse Studio Bermuda, Gina K White and Kraft, Bazzill Hot Pink
Ink:  A Muse Studio Bermuda, Memento Rich Cocoa, Sand and Rose Bud
Accessories:  Copics, May Arts Twine, A Muse Studio twinkle stickers, Diamond Glaze (for the fish eyes), Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder, sanding block

5 comments:

  1. SO cute Glenda! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! I think the pink looks great. And I am loving the background texture with the nautical theme. Soooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, Glenda! I love how you incorporated the colours into the bird and fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, Glenda!!! I LOVE the little scene you created and the way you stamped each word of the sentiment in different colors---so playful and fun!! GREAT take on this inspiration photo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}