09 June 2010

Round, round we go

I wasn't planning on posting today but I whipped up this card last night and couldn't resist posting it. Surprisingly, I'm not playing along with any challenges (although I'm sure I could find one that applies, if I went hunting). I was playing with my new Martha Stewart Circle Cutter (the purchase of which I blame solely on Julie Ebersole - hee, hee - thankfully I did get it on sale) and needed to make a birthday card for my friend's daughter (did I mention that I have a really hard time with kids cards?). I rarely pat myself on the back but I am feeling particularly brilliant with this.
Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

Still time to play along with A Muse Secret Squares... I'm still on the board so maybe it's me holding the prize...
Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

If you are looking for my challenge, it's here. Thanks for stopping by! Glenda

p.s. Very few of you will know the song reference in the blog title. I'm not big on some 70's music, but I am quite fond of the Canadian band Trooper, and that's who the song is by. I attribute my fondness for 'older' songs to having older siblings (although I was alive when this song came out).You can hear it here.

Card details:
happy birthday - 4.24" circle
Stamps: A Muse happy birthday MG and Stitched Garden clear set
Paper: A Muse Mango Shimmer Couture, White card stock, Dream Street Sweet Confection - Bubble Gum Burst
Ink: A Muse black dye ink
Accessories: A Muse Popsicle Pink sheer polka dot ribbon, A Muse pink twinkle stickers, Martha Stewart Circle Cutter (used with
EK Success glass mat), Copics - G07 Nile Green, R20 Blush, YR07 Cadmium Orange

3 comments:

  1. I have that same circle cutter. I have trouble using it though. When I try and cut a circle, I feel like the clear plate moves inside the rim a little, and once my circle is cut out all the way, it's slightly distorted so that I can see the start/stop point fairly obviously (to me at least). Any ideas/suggestions on this? I would REALLY appreciate it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Glenda! Love it very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love circle cards. LOVE this one as well, Glenda. Love the colors and the flowers you used.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}