10 May 2010

Random Amusing Challenge #66

Good Monday morning. To all you moms out there, hope you had a great day yesterday. I have a fabulous mom and I can't believe all the crap she's put up with over the years (from my siblings of course, not from me! Hee, hee). So I commend all of you mothers for a job well done. I'm a step-mom I guess, sorta, kinda, maybe. My hubby has 2 boys but I've only had to deal with them as teenagers and young men... and they are pretty great (most of the time...).

So enough babbling. On to today's challenge - which is to use your punches/die-cuts on your card. I used the die cuts as my whole card but you just need to have a layer somewhere on your card. Please leave a comment here if you play along. If you upload to an online gallery, please use the keyword GRAC66. Last week we had a bunch of new people play along with the butterfly challenge - Jane, Lyn, Davi, Katie and Peggy. Welcome! I must not forget the regulars (whom I appreciate so much too!) - Deb, Victoria and Kerry. If you haven't seen the new A Muse butterfly stamps, you must check them out - Flutterby, Flutterby Flock and Gossamer Wings (my personal favourite).


I had every intention of posting this first thing this morning but my mojo was absent yesterday so had to whip this up this morning. I also have a new (to me) friend named Mac with new Photoshop so I was playing with that this morning too (must play more). Love Mac....so fun to play with! I'm enjoying my coffee in my pink mug (never thought I would be so giddy about a pink mug - I have no life, I need a job). For those who don't know...pink is one of my least favourite colours.

Some recipes I made for company on the weekend...Scallops with Hazelnuts and Browned Butter Vinaigrette and Chili Garlic BBQ Salmon. I've made both of them before and they are both really easy and very delicious. The scallop recipe I modified quite a bit - used cashews instead of hazelnuts, green onions instead of shallots, regular balsamic instead of white, and spinach instead of watercress.

Have a great week and hope you get a chance to play along. Thanks for stopping by. I always appreciate it.
Glenda

Card details:
Stamps: A Muse Bursting blooms and Beautiful day Fl
Paper: white and green card stock
Ink: VersaMagic Tea Leaves and Eggplant
Accessories: A Muse Pretty Pearls in white, A Muse white sheer polka dot ribbon, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One, Cuttlebug, ScorPal (for card back)

11 comments:

  1. Very cute idea for a challenge and the recipes sound yummy! Here is my card for this challenge:

    http://big-scrappy-world.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-challenge-at-kah-wink-e-dink.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is my Card
    I forget how to do this with a direct link so here is my information:
    http://kc242designsbydenise.blogspot.com/2010/05/its-wish-upon-wednesday-time-and-its.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back...I promised myself I would play this week! This was fun!

    http://cheironbrandon.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/05/glendas-random-a-musing-challenge-66.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge and BEAUTIFUL card!!!
    Here's my card

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card and a great challenge. Here is my card

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, Glenda!

    You can see my punchy-die-cut card HERE.

    Thanks for another fun challenge ... have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Glenda!!! Here is mine.

    Holy smokes, I even used my Cricut to cut out the circles for my fortune cookies. And I also used the circle punch. :)

    Thanks for another WICKED awesome challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}