27 April 2023

bursting with balloons

Hey crafty friends! Hope you're enjoying spring or fall where you are. We might FINALLY be getting some warm temperatures here soon - can't wait. There is a joke that Canadians' favourite pastime is talking about the weather... I'm definitely feeling that lately.

This week at Seize the Birthday we are playing with balloons, courtesy of Vicki.  I had many iterations of balloon cards (that look nothing like these) before I settled on the first one. Then I was hunting through some stamps when I across a hot air balloon stamp that I had never used before so decided to make another one. Also found some patterned paper that I had been hoarding (surprise surprise) that suited the balloon well. The patterned paper is sparkly but it's hard to see. One sassy and one whimsical - do you have a favourite?



Hope you can play along with us! Check out the blog for the rest of the beautiful creations from the DT as well as our Surprise Party Guest Hilary and our Things in a Garden winner Claire. This is Hilary's last challenge with us - thank you so much for all of your fabulous creations!



Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a terrific day! Always appreciate your comments.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Glenda

Card details:
Woo freakin' Hoo - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: Taylored Expressions (cat and sentiment), Hero Arts (background)
Ink: VersaMark, Versafine Claire Nocturne, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks (for watercolour)
Paper: green and white card stock, Tim Holtz Distress White watercolour paper
Accessories: Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz water brush, MFT stitched rectangle dies, clear embossing powder

Happy Birthday - 5.5"x4.25"
Stamps: Unity (balloon), A Muse (sentiment)
Ink: Versafine Claire Nocturne, Versafine Black, Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks (for watercolour)
Paper: grey card stock, Tim Holtz Distress White watercolour paper, American Crafts patterned paper (retired)
Accessories: MFT stitched rectangle dies, clear embossing powder, Trinity Stamps bling, Tim Holtz water brush

11 comments:

  1. Love both these so different and so much fun. That grumpy cat sums up how I used to feel about birthdays, but these days I quite enjoy them. Your hot air balloon looks stunning too, and you are right, that paper is perfect. Well done for using it and that unused stamp. Thanks for having me as your party guest for March and April. I have had a brilliant time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both Glenda. That cat sure looks snarky. :)
    The hot air balloon is very pretty. Glad you shared them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards always make me smile and sometimes I chuckle too. Like your first card. You went over the top with two cards this time and I sure enjoyed both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards and for the record, hubby talks about the weather 24/7. LOL That sentiment is so funny and your flower hot air balloon is sweet too. Hugs my friend and I hope you get some warm temps soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! The sentiment cracked me up. Grouchy little cat 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both, that sentiment is awesome with the cat! But your pretty flower hot air balloon is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Two-Fer!!! I love the fact that one is snarky. Loving that floral balloon too though. Wonderful inspiration for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard to choose one - the grumpy kitty and the snarky sentiment are really awesome in the first, but I love the floral balloon and the pp in the second one as well. But that makes it a double treat for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both Glenda but my fave is the snarky cat, I'm enjoying Autumn here , hope you get some lovely warmer weather soon :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cat one makes me laugh - he looks seriously hacked off! My favourite is the second one though...can't beat orange and pink..it looks gorgeous with the cloudy background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, we Brits are obsessed with talking about the weather too :). You know I love this sassy card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}