09 June 2022

terrific techniques

Over at Seize the Birthday this week, we are playing with our favourite techniques.  Thank you Ashwini for picking this! I really don't think of myself as a 'technique' person so I was a little intimidated at first. However, I realized I was likely overthinking things and pulled out my trusty Gelli Arts plate (and my craft apron because I get messy when I use my plate and paints).  I love using it but don't do it often enough. This is created with some paint and some new Tim Holtz dies.  Hope you like it! I confess to doing a lot of playing before I came up with one that I was happy sharing.


Please join us! This is a pretty easy one because you can the technique that brings you the most joy. :)
Be sure to check out what Lorraine, our Surprise Party Guest, and the rest of the DT have come up with.


Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific day.
Glenda

Card details:
birthday wishes - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: Julie Ebersole/Ellen Hudson Totally Random Sayings Vol 2
Paper: white and kraft cardstock
Ink: Distress Oxide Abandoned Coral
Accessories: Artist's Loft Paints, GelliArts plate, white pearls, Tim Holtz Artsy Stems dies

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Glenda :-) I love gel printing but don't do it as often as I should! this is absolutely fabulouis! Love the colors :-)

    hope you have a great weekend!
    luv
    Lols XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never done gel printing and have been interested in seeing what other do with it. I hope that you have lots of what you called (not good enought) to make more beautiful cards like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not touched gel printing but do admire those that do it. I would imagine when you go to the trouble to get it all out and get started that you make a few panels to have for later. I love the colors on this one! Nice card, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only dabbled a bit with it, following Jennifer's guide lines, of course she always makes everything look so easy. The background is a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gel plate is sadly neglected, love what you've done here, gorgeous colour and texture, perfect with those tall flowers, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for you gelin! It's so messy [for me] its a struggle to get it out -- I do love the end results though

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't quite mastered the gel technique yet. I get a lot of duds before making one I like. This one is gorgeous!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sooo agree! That is one addicting technique!! Ask me how I know!! :D :D
    I love the look of that pretty coral. Lovely color and the die cuts in yellow look awesome; I love the patterns they have! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s such fun playing with gel plates! Love how this card turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}