12 March 2020

gorgeous green

Welcome to March crafty friends! It's heavy birthday months like this when I'm happy that I'm on a birthday card challenge design team. ;)  We have a challenge this week that is perfect for those of us who are wishing for spring to arrive... it's basically here for us so we are pretty lucky.

The challenge for Seize the Birthday this week (courtesy of Vicky) is touch of green. I love 'splash' challenges and green is an easy one for me.  I ended up doing two cards - couldn't decide which one to post so have added them both!

This first one has green in the centre of the leaves (coloured with a Copic) but it may be hard to see. There are also tiny pearls in the centre of some of the flowers.


The second one came together at the crafty retreat I went to at the end of January. A friend has these poppy dies and I kind of went wild with them.  I used the negative of the poppy die and really like the effect. It's also stamp free! I used to be surprised when I didn't stamp on a card but not any more - it's fun when a card comes together without any stamping.


Hope you can join us for this challenge! Check out the blog for the rest of the glorious green creations from the team and give a warm welcome to Stef Perry, our Surprise Party Guest for the next couple of months!


Have a terrific day and wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.
Glenda

Card details:
Happy Birthday- 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: PTI
Ink: Versafine Black
Paper: black cardstock, SU! Peaceful Poppies patterned paper (green) and Golden Honey patterned paper (floral)
Accessories: EK Success corner rounder punch, rectangle slot punch, A Muse ribbon & pearls, Copic marker

celebrate - 4.25"x5.5"
Paper: white cardstock, SU! LIime
Accessories: SU! poppy die & celebrate die

9 comments:

  1. Even in black and white I would love your first card, but love the added hint of green in the leaves. And the second card is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards, Glenda! Agree with Lindsey - the tiny florals look absolutely adorable! And I agree with you on the second one - no stamping looks awesome, and I love it when I make such a card too. Especially if it was a stunner like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really rocked this challenge! Two cards and both are perfect. Great examples of a "touch" of green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving both of these cards Glenda! The first one is fabulous and love the way you did the ribbon. Going to have to try that! Your second one is PERFECT! Love the look of no stamping on a card! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so beautiful! The second one is CAS perfection and I love how you used the negative from the die for the poppy. I'm with you, it's fun when the die cuts to most or all the work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the 2nd card for the "touch of green" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your white on white card with the touch of green. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these Glenda - the first perfectly stamped and just that touch of colour in the leaves and the second gorgeously white and pure with just the texture and the pop of green to add interest - gorgeous! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my! Double helpings of fab cards. Can't decide which I like better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}