20 June 2019

birthday hugs

Hey crafty friends.... happy June!  I'm just back from a few weeks in Europe ... we had a fabulous time but I do like being back in my own bed and shower.

We are covering the card at Seize the Birthday. I'm so used to doing CAS cards that have lots of white space so this is tough!  I cheated a bit and just used one large background stamp (*gasp*) and then kept everything else pretty simple.  Hope you like it and hope my teammates are ok with me bending the rules a bit. ;)


Hope you can join us this week.  Head over to the blog to give some love to our Surprise Party Guest Linda and the rest of the team.  All the rules & regs are over there too.


Have a terrific Thursday and a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by... always appreciate the comments.
Glenda

Card details:
birthday hugs - 4 3/8" x 5 1/2"
Stamps: SU! Buffalo Check, PTI birthday
Paper: white & SU! Old Olive card stock
Ink: Versafine Black, SU! Old Olive
Accessories: Simon Says Stamp hugs die, SU! stitched rectangle die, May Arts twine, A Muse black jewel

8 comments:

  1. I wouldn't call it cheating. I love to use background stamps as they give a great look quickly. Your sentiment panel looks great on the card. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me, *bending* the rules, who would have thought! ;) Although I'm with Barbara, I think your take fits with the topping just fine. Great card that could be used for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No rules were bent here...you used a stamp and covered the card! Love the added twine too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you cheated - you covered the card! :) Love the plaid print too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you cheated either Glenda. I thought about using the Buffalo Check background stamp also. I like your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your card is completely covered :)!!! It's pretty and CAS though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you've bent any rules at all! It was about covering the card - and you've achieved that! Love the gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the best way to cover a card - with one giant stamp :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}