26 January 2023

colourful candles

This week at Seize the Birthday, Colleen has chosen the theme candles. I don't have a lot of options for candles in my stash so I decided to make my own with some washi tape. The flames were made by inking up some paper with distress oxides and then die cut with the drops from this die set.  Really happy with how this turned out - I credit my local crafty friends (J & D) with suggesting that I layer the flames.


Be sure to check out the rest of the creative creations from the rest of the team and our Surprise Party Guests. Hope you can join us!


Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific day.
Glenda

Card details:
happy birthday to you
Stamps: none!
Paper: white and black cardstock
Ink: Distress Oxides Ink
Accessories: Spellbinders Artful Brush Etched Dies, Lawn Fawn happy birthday to you die, washi tape

12 comments:

  1. This is a stand out birthday card. Amazing idea for candles and oh those flames!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your washi candles and fab flames. Bold, bright, and very celebratory!. I am so happy to have the opportunity to design with the team. Thanks so much for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous use of washi! A nice & bright card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda, this is genius to use washi tape for your candles. I love the variety and how you cut the top of the candles as if they had been lit for awhile! Amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glenda, You certainly made this topping look easy! What a clever, clever idea! I adore this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever to use washi tape. I like the die you used for your candle flames also. Very creative card Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever way to create your own candles. Lovely card, Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative idea for making colorful candles Glenda! love this! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea! Those washi tape candles are so cool, clever use of the paintbrush drops too to get the flames, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bright and fun card with those wonderful washi tape candles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's creative!! I love your improvised candles - they look spectacular!! Awesome card, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous washi candles, Glenda! Genius idea to use layered droplets for the flames. I love how the sentiment spans the candles too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}