02 July 2020

red, white & blue

Wow!  How did it get to be July already?!?! I find my sense of time is quite skewed these days - some days seem to go by very slowly but then months seem to fly by.  So bizarre! Just happy for the warmer weather and getting outside.

This week at Seize the Birthday, we are doing red, white and blue (theme courtesy of the lovely JoAnn). I love red as you know but always seem to have a hard time pairing with blue.  So, as last time, I went super clean and simple. I was going to try something different - something more elaborate - but decided to just keep what I started with. The heart is done on Yupo with alcohol ink.  Hope you like it.


Hope you can play along with us this week!  The amazing Jen Wills is our Surprise Party Guest! I've been a fan of hers for years - love her style.  Be sure to check out the blog to see what Jen and the rest of the team came up with for this theme!





Wishing you a terrific Thursday and a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.  
All the best,
Glenda

Card details:
happy birthday - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: A Muse
Ink: Versafine Black, Alcohol Ink
Paper: white card stock, Lawn Fawn Watercolor patterned paper
Accessories: MFT stitched rectangle die, heart die, red pearls

10 comments:

  1. Love your CAS card with the red heart center stage. Lovely use of the colors Glenda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and simple and pretty! Here I thought red alcohol ink might only be good for blood spatter. :D Hope you are back to summer temps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you as far as the weeks going quickly. How does that happen when we have these long days? I am so glad that you keep your CAS style through out the different themes that we have at STB. This is a first class card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is looks just perfect! That soft shade of blue looks just perfect with the bright deep red! I love that CAS design too!! Just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How intense is that red! Gorgeous! Beautifully CAS, love the red dots in the corners too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you stuck with your CAS design. It worked so well with this color combo this week! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on time flying - it'll be Christmas before we know it. Yikes! Red and blue are definitely not my favourite to combine but you rocked it with your CAS design. Thanks for having me as Surprise Party Guest - I'm so excited to work with such a talented team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card design looks fabulous in those color combination! The vibrant red of the alcohol inked heart is really eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly simple, and simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}