09 May 2019

bodacious balloons

We are being very celebratory this week at Seize the Birthday... it's all about balloons! I have to admit that I have a hard time with balloons.  Luckily, when I was working on my cards, I had access to my friend's stash of balloon goodies.  I could decide which one of these to post so am sharing both of them... which one do you prefer?


Hope you can join in! Be sure head over to the blog and the team some crafty love.


Hope all is well in your world crafty friends.  Thanks so much for stopping by.
Glenda

Card details:
happy birthday (blue & white) - 3.75"x5"
Stamps: A Muse
Ink: Versafine Black
Paper: SU! Soft Sky, white card stock
Accessories: SU! balloon punch, SU! maps embossing folder, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots & Swirl embossing folder, SU! word window punch, EK Success corner rounder punch, twine


Card details:
happy birthday - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: A Muse sentiment, SU! Balloon Celebration
Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade & Gorgeous Grape, Hero Arts turquoise ink

Paper: white card stock
Accessories: SU! balloon punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, SU! word window punch

9 comments:

  1. Great ombre balloons -- I like the added texture also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not surprisingly, I like the brighter-coloured second card just that little bit more, but both are terrific! So handy to have a crafty friend that can help one out if the stash is lacking. (I do that a lot... :D) I love how on both cards you added a lot of interest to the balloons. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both for different reasons! Love the texture you achieved on the first card with the Embossing Folders and then the second card...I love the added dots in a deeper color to make the balloons really pop! Both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glenda, 2 great cards, love the texture on the 1st and the vibrant colours on the 2nd, great idea to use string as the strings too! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glenda, two awesome cards, but I love color so my favorite would be the second one. Thanks for having me as the GD for the next couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards have their special effects. But I am a girl that loves color so I will need to go with the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make choosing too difficult, Glenda - I love both the cards! Don't they look kinda opposites in their concept - texture on balloons vs on the background, bunched vs floating balloons.. I can't choose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like both of them, but the colored ones are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're both gorgeous, but I'm definitely taken with the second one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}