02 February 2017

Fabulous Felt

Hey crafty friends!  Hope you are having a great week.  I have been spending the past few days (along with my hubby) decluttering and purging.  While I'm not known for my exceptional house keeping abilities, it actually felt good to get rid of stuff (most of it going to recycling or getting donated).  It has carried over into my crafting - you'll see some upcoming cards in which I won't be able to identify the patterned paper because it just came out of the scrap folder!  

At Seize the Birthday this week, we are playing with felt! Despite the title of this post, felt gives me a little anxiety.  The only felt I had was this pre-made flower from Jillibean Soup.  I'm not sure I love this card - the flower is fabulous but I'm not sure I did it justice.  The threads in the button were brown but I coloured them black to go with the twine.  The dashes were done by hand.


Hope you can play along with us this week!  All the details are on the blog.  Be sure to check out our Surprise Party Guest, Rahmat, and the rest of the DT creations.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a terrific day and wonderful weekend.
Glenda

Card details:
Happy Birthday - 4.25"x4.25"
Stamps: Paper Smooches Hullabaloo 
Paper: Kraft card stock
Ink:Versafine Black
Accessories: Jillibean Soup felt flower, black baker's twine, Copic fine black marker, EK Success corner rounder punch

9 comments:

  1. The felt and the cute for match well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the card looks great! I love that you chose a kraft base.. and then the dashes are a nice touch too! I even love how you added a coordinated button and twine (somehow, when I try to add so many things in my card, they look like I've just dumped them unceremoniously!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is just something about a CAS card and you got that. I love how this one turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your CAS card with that cute felt flower. The dashes add to the sentiment. I thought they were part of the stamp when I first saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS and spot on wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is CAS perfection, Glenda! Love the little felt flower and your simple sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you, crafting with felt is not my favourite. But this works perfectly! Clean, simple, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how cute is this! Fabulous CAS design, Glenda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}