30 October 2016

hugs & hearts

This day is momentous... well for me it is anyway (haha).  This is the first time in years (literally - likely since the fall of 2013 when I started my MSc) that I have posted a card just for fun.  No challenge, no blog hop, no ulterior motive.  I was inspired by this card from my super duper talented friend Jenn Shurkus.  Isn't it awesome?!?!?!

So this is my attempt at the same technique... the word and hearts have Glossy Accents on them.  I may have to take another photo to show that off a little better.


What do you think? Pretty happy with it... and will be trying it again. Looking back at Jenn's card again, I'll have to try inking the edges of the word so it stands out a bit better.

Jenn's card makes me want some geometric backgrounds, more word die cuts and a pair of good crafting tweezers.  My fingers got pretty inky and sticky doing those little glossy hearts! Minimizing my crafty spending right now though (dang unemployment thing) and just trying to use what I have (which is still a lot).

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week.
Glenda

Card details:
hugs
Stamps: Hero Arts map background
Paper: watercolour
Ink: Distress Ink Mermaid Lagoon and Shabby Shutters, VersaMark
Accessories: Lawn Fawn hugs die cut, Martha Stewart heart punch, American Crafts Zing white embossing powder, heat gun, water mister

4 comments:

  1. Yay for cardmaking just for fun! We should probably all do it more often. This is so awesome! The map background worked so well, who needs geometric backgrounds? (Just trying to help out...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this card!!!! 😊 A couple tips- I inked up paper, then cut the hearts from that (less messy) and once my card is all assembled that's when I pile on the glossy accents- don't be afraid to go super thick,it won't run... for even more dimension once the 1st layer is dry add on another 😬 Happy my card inspired this awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and lovely color combination!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}