23 April 2015

Playing with backgrounds

Happy Thursday! Welcome to another Seize the Birthday challenge.... and this week we are making our own backgrounds!  As always, just a birthday card is required for the challenge and the 'topping' is just an option.  

Sometimes I find DIY backgrounds challenging, but recently I learned a new technique from Jenn.  I inked up my glossy craft mat with some Distress Inks, misted it with water and then smushed my watercolour down on it.  Scary the first time I did it but.. wow!  I have never done watercolour anything (shocking I know) so am thrilled to have this new technique.  I also used a stencil, some gel paste, some liquid Distress ink and some glitter to make the stars (see Jenn's canvas tutorial). Hope you like this 'something new' from me.  




Be sure to check out the rest of the great designs from the rest of the team on the Seize the Birthday blog.  All the details on how to play along are there too!



Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you have a terrific day and a wonderful weekend.
Glenda

Card details:
happy everything - 4"x 6"
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Simply Said
Paper: Strathmore watercolour paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Ink, Distress Ink - Aged Mahogany (pad & liquid), Antique Linen
Accessories: ultrafine glitter, Jenni Bowlin star stencil, Golden matte gel paste

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the background! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For being a newbie at watercolors you did great! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out fabulously!! I love to see you playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love when something so amazing can actually be... not difficult? :D Beautiful card with that gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background for that bold sentiment! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been getting all my inspiration from Instagram and thus I've missed out on some seriously amazing cards - I hope to visit more often, LOVE this card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}