02 November 2011

Not so simple spark

It took me forever to get this clean and simple (CAS) card for the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge, hence the reason I'm posting it at the last minute.  I've lost count of how many iterations of this has been but I'm finally happy with it (can you see the swirls in the clouds?).  Frustrates me when a CAS card takes FOREVER... Anyway, I was inspired by the colours and texture in the Sparks image. In addition, I am playing along again with the CAS-ual Friday Sketch Challenge 26.


As I was making this last night, one of my crafty gals pointed out something about the clouds.  They could also be popcorn!  Brilliant... might have to try that!

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you are having a great week.
Glenda

Card details:
thanks for the lift
Stamps: Paper Smooches Sunny Side Up
Paper: cream and kraft card stock, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist - Fly a Kite
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Cuttlebug, Distressed Stripes and D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folders

16 comments:

  1. I love this card! It was worth the effort because all the details work together great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute..love the textured background...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it!!! Awesome use of the sketch too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfect! I can't wait to see you make it into popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry--I have cards that take forever too! And you are right--it's always the CAS ones:) LOL!
    Great card though--I LOVE the clouds and that fun kite! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun color combo on that kite! LOVE the embossing folder pattern. Perfect touch! Thanks for playing along with the SPARKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet, Glenda!! I know what you mean about hating when CAS cards take sooooooooooo long. I've had quite a few of those recently, so I can truly relate. In the end, this turned out terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card! I love the kite and the clouds :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet card!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that embossed background! What a cute use of the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is AMAZING! I adore the little touches that you've added to the card to make it so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds crazy, but when I go more CAS, they seem to take me longer! Go figure! This was worth the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does look like popcorn! I know what you mean about CAS can take forever...each element is so much more important. Your card turned out fabulous! The texture in the background looks like wind--very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE LOVE LOVE this sweet card, Glenda!!! The sentiment goes so perfectly with your whimsical kite and swirly clouds!!! Can't wait to see you use those clouds as popcorn---that would TOTALLY work!! COOL idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glenda, I love this design! The colours and layout are fabulous. Those clouds would definitely make good popcorn. Thanks so much for playing along in the SPARKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}