26 January 2011

Color Dare #94

Welcome to the Color Dare #94! This week's colours are Pretty in Pink, Pear Pizazz and Perfect Plum. I had to take a step back from this one and think because while I love dark purple (like A Muse's Blackberry and Stampin' Up! Elegant Eggplant), I have a hard time with anything lighter. Then there is always the dreaded pink. So I took some advice from the very wise Nance Leedy who said of last week's challenge: "I have learned that if I am stumped by a color or colors, to cheat a little and include a lot of white and less of the color that is stumping me." So that's what I did and I think it worked ok. Thanks for the reminder Nance! The sketch is Fall to Layout 124 at Clean & Simple Stamping. Please be sure to check out the rest of the fabulous creations from the rest of the design team this week!


Are you daring enough to play along with week? I hope so and look forward to seeing your creations!
Thanks for stopping by and have a daring day!
Glenda

Card details:
Bonjour - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: A Muse Bonjour FL
Paper: A Muse white and Heather, Making Memories (green), SU! Pretty in Pink
Ink: SU! Perfect Plum
Accessories: Slice Elite and Basic Elements design card, Making Memories large pink brad, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities LabelsFour, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, A Muse white pretty pearls, A Muse white sheer ribbon, Fiskars scallop edge punch, MS leaf frond punch

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job with this week's colours. Way to use the white space :) Love the flower and the splash of pink in the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card for this week's Dare. Love the Nestabilities you used and the French greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Glenda!! Your card is beautiful my dear, you really nailed this week's colors!! I love this, tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}