09 August 2010

Random Amusing Challenge #77

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We were visiting family up island (sorry - for those who don't live around here - Victoria is on the southern end of Vancouver Island and anywhere else on the island is 'up island') and had a great time.

This week's challenge is a theme near and dear to my heart - travel. Your challenge is to put something travel themed on your card or project. It could be a postcard, a sailboat, a famous landmark... the possibilities are endless. I love the new trend of vintage travel with postcards, maps, etc. so made one for this challenge. ETA - I have uploaded a new card which I am happier with (hopefully you are reading this later in the day and you are now looking at my better card, instead of my inferior card) (keep in mind, I have a hard time with vintage). In addition, here are some travel themed cards from Jill, Deb, Kerry and Kathy. If you play along, please leave a comment here and link back to here from your post. If you upload to an online gallery, use the keyword GRAC77. Thanks to Deb, Janice and Kerry for playing along last week.


Somewhere in the busyness of the last little while, I forgot that it was August and subsequently didn't post my calendar page. My apologies... but better late than never, right?


Hope you have a great week and hope you get a chance to play along with my challenge. Stay tuned, I'll have a better card (I hope) for it! Thanks for stopping by.
Glenda

Details:
Thanks - 4.25"x5.5"
Stamps: A Muse Compass and Thanks Script
Paper: A Muse Natural, Making Memories Postcard findings, scrap of lined paper, SU! Basic Black
Ink: A Muse black dye ink, Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Aged Mahogany and Frayed Burlap
Accessories: Copics - Burnt Sienna E09, Dark Bark E49 and Raw Silk E53, EK Success bracket punch, SU! clip, Tim Holtz mini fasteners, Making Memories Ribbon, Vintage Blade for Marvy Trimming Buddy, stapler, paper piercer, sponge

August
Stamps: A Muse Sail Boat, Tiny Cake and Waves
Paper: A Muse Mango and Mango Damask Shimmer Couture, white card stock
Ink: A Muse black dye ink, Memories Soft Baby Blue
Accessories: A Muse twinkle sticker, A Muse sheer black ribbon, Copics Dark Bark E49, Lipstick Red R29 and Cadmium Yellow Y15

2 comments:

  1. I love your card with the vintage feel! I like this trend! Good going into fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}