02 February 2009

Celebrations & Random Amusing Challenge 11 & Sneak Peak for my class... this is a long one

Bonjour mon amies....I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks so this is going to be an extra long post. I have a lot of ground to cover... your patience is appreciated!

Happy first day of work to my hubby, Karl. This is a fabulous opportunity for him - good luck babe! Also, he bought a bunch of new tools on the weekend so he can build us some beautiful Mission style tables to go with our new couches.
He buys tools... I buy stamping stuff... who spends more? Does it really matter? Cause I really don't want to know...but what I do know is apparently his tools are "for the house" and my stamping stuff is...not. Hee, hee...

Happy 45th Anniversary (yesterday) to my mom and dad. I am truly inspired by them. They are still together after a few really tough times in amongst all the good times. I love them dearly and am appreciative for all they have done for me.

Next thing... I am very excited to be teaching a Spring Time with Amuse class at Crafty Capers on February 15th. The class is filling up quickly so call and sign up! This is my last post before the class so thought I would give you a little peak at one of the cards we will be making. Should be fun!!!

Next, my favourite cyber friend, Anne Ryan from North Carolina, has a birthday today. Head over to Splitcoast Stampers, check out her beautiful gallery, leave her a comment and send her some birthday love! She is a fabulous person, always leaves the best and most encouraging comments on SCS...she's my biggest SCS fan. Happy Birthday Anne! Huge hugs for you!

Now to the challenge. This challenge is especially for Cathy who started a conversation on the Amuse Lounge about using sentiments. In a post in the lounge, Cathy asked us "Do you always use sentiments?" as she is new to stamping and doesn't have a lot of sentiments yet. So Dawn suggested I make it a challenge. So here it is, make a card without any words on the front. Thanks Cathy and Dawn for the inspiration. Again, I have made a card with red mushrooms on it... this mushroom stamp (Amuse Mushroom trio)is definitely my favourite stamp these days and because I love red, I have to colour them red. The other part of the challenge is to use something from Amuse on the card. Leave me a comment if you play along. If you upload to SCS, use the keyword GRAC11. This card is also from the SCS Sketch Challenge from last week.

Thanks a bunch to Cheiron and Laura for playing along with the colour challenge last week. Be sure to check out their fabulous creations.

Ok... hang in with me here... I have a couple of more things. Chris has some blog candy for her 300th post so go and check it out. She is my former Devine Secret Sibling from Splitcoast Stampers and a very talented stamper! Also, she tagged me for a photo challenge...The rules for this challenge are - Go to where you store your photos on your computer. Go to the SIXTH folder and pick the SIXTH photo. Post that photo on your blog along with a SHORT story about it. Tag SIX people and leave a comment on their blog or email them letting them know you chose them. We have so many folders within folders that I had to bend the rules a bit (surprise, surprise). This picture is the sixth photo from the sixth folder from 2006. It is from my birthday that year... we were in Vancouver for Cirque du Soleil (which I absolutely love). This photo is of Karl and I from lunch at a brew pub with my two brothers and their significant others.

I'm tagging Sherry, Gillian & Jason, Jill, Liz, Dawn and Heather.

So I think I'm finished. As mentioned, I am travelling for a good portion of the next few weeks. I hope to have a post for you on February 16th. Life is hectic here with my travelling and Karl's new job. I'll miss having lunch with him and driving to work together in the morning (we used to work together) but am very excited for him.

Happy February to all and happy stamping... stop back here on February 16th for my next challenge. Au revior... Glenda (did I mention I'm having fun in my French class with my BFF, Deanne?)

Card Details (Challenge card only, the class card is a surprise!):
Stamps: Amuse Mushroom Trio
Paper:
Amuse Swiss Red 4 bar note card, Amuse Kitchen Black (polka dots), cream card stock
Ink: Amuse Black Dye Ink, Memento Lady Bug
Accessories: Amuse Black Sheer Ribbon, Marvy Pink Scallop Square punch, Sakura Clear sparkle gel pen, Tombow red marker, SU! brad, slot punch, sponge

11 comments:

  1. I should have taken up speed reading.... : )

    Your challenge is great....I think I could do this one. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and have a wonderful trip! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! You have a ton going on!! I hope all your family members had great times for their respective celebrations!! Your cards are adorable. . . as usual!! I also hope you have a safe trip. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in, I'll post my photo tomorrow! Enjoy your trip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glenda...happy travels! Have a great time. I always use a sentiment, so I cheated a little (no words though).
    http://cheironbrandon.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/02/random-amusing-challenge-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would do this for no one other than you, Glenda! Lacking all sense of creativity, I hand drew Victoria's. Probably not the right place to admit to copying a trademarked product, but I know, should I be arrested and found guilty, you will be one of my supporters waving bye bye as they haul me away for life.

    Here's mine, Glenda. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1221059?cat=500&ppuser=139109

    ReplyDelete
  7. FIRST! You must learn the motto by which I live, buy and craft- "Tools do not count." "Tools" consist of almost all of you non-consumable crafty items- trimmers, scissors, die cut machines, STAMPS! Be Carl does not count his tools as part of the cost of the finished project- lol- will neither should you! I love you Stair Step fold card. It is so sweet! I am doing one in my next class! Your challenge card is too cute- love the 'shrooms! Please have a fun & safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glenda, I create another card based on your guidelines. It's obviously not an A Must image, so please know you can delete it. I wont be offended in any way!

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1222881?cat=500&ppuser=139109

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the shout out about my blog candy!!!
    I have left you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glenda -- I'm sorry I did not take part in this AWESOME challenge... but I have to tell you... that stair card is one of the most gorgeous creations I believe I have ever seen!! What did you use to get the leaves colored so crisply and vibrantly?? xoxo and hope all is well! -- Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}