04 August 2022

stamp free

It was my turn to pick a theme this week at Seize the Birthday so I decided on something that is challenging for me - no stamping! I was struggling for inspiration for this card so I'm not 100% happy with it... but a wise friend & fellow design team member said to me this week "sometimes we just have to set our opinions aside".  I didn't have a die to suit this card so I just wrote celebrate out by hand. It was fun using some new Tim Holtz dies and some cheerful Distress Oxides along with this fun mask from Taylored Expressions.


Be sure to head over to the blog to see the fabulous creations from our Surprise Party Guest Karren and the rest of the team have created.


If you are a regular Seize the Birthday player, you will have likely heard of the passing of our inspiring team member and wonderful friend Lindsey Martin-Penny.  We are co-hosting a tribute to Lindsey over at our sister challenge Color Hues if you'd like to join us (here is my card). Still hard to believe she's no longer with us. 

Wishing you a wonderful day. Thank you for stopping by.
Glenda

Card details:
celebrate - 4" x 5 ¼"
Paper: white, black and grey card stock
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Oxides
Accessories: white paint, Taylored Expressions mask, Tim Holtz Modern Floristry Dies

6 comments:

  1. I think your card looks great Glenda. You did a great job with the mask and inks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ingenious to hand write your sentiment. No stamping is much harder than it sounds. EXCELLENT choice of a topping! Beautiful Glenda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the water colored background - nice CAS card

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fun challenge as I have a lot of dies. Lol I love your card and that you conquered the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS card Glenda, your handwriting is gorgeous! I'd be writing all of my sentiments if mine looked like that :) Thankyou for the fun challenge as I love diecuts, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the look of this! The graphic design and the cute, sweet flowers - contrasting, but still looking so charming together! Absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}