16 September 2021

stellar stitching

Happy Thursday crafty friends! Hope you are doing well.  I have to admit I have not the been the most cheerful person lately with the state of the world... but I am making time to be kind to myself and keep busy with fun things.  Including being crafty of course :).

Barbara came up with our Seize the Birthday challenge this week - stitching.  I happily used my sewing machine to add a stitched border to the card. Last year I was able to reorganize my craft room so my sewing machine can stay set up all the time (which was also handy when I was sewing masks - lol) - so I love any excuse to use it. Kept this card CAS with some bright colours - quite like how this turned out.


Be sure to pop on over to the blog to check out the stunning creations from the design team and our Surprise Party Guest, Jenny.


Hope you have a terrific day and a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Glenda

Card details:
Celebrate the day - 4.25" x 5.5"
Stamps: CAS-ual Fridays (flower), A Muse (sentiment - retired)
Ink: Versafine Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper: SU! Mango Melody, watercolour paper, white card stock
Accessories: Derwent watercolour pencils, A Muse white pearls, Tim Holtz water brush, SU! window punch, clear embossing powder, sewing machine & black thread

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, your machine does zig zag - it must be modern! :D A very pretty card with the stitched frame and big floral image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Glenda! You have actually used real stitching on your card. I am so proud of you. I have yet to use my machine on a card. You have inspired me, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you literally sewed on your card! You will try anything! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If my machine wasn't put away on the bottom shelf in the utility room, I may have done the same as you, but daresay I went the lazy route! I have always loved stitching on cards, brings it down to earth and homey! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabulous stitching and the fun bold flowers! I used to stitch on every card, but now I can't remember where my machine is!! Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I definitely love the look of machine stitching; especially how cleanly one can stitch straight and then switch to zig-zag - looks so cool! :) I lvoe the flowers you've used here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh! Love that you did a machine stitch. I don't have space to leave my machine out. The zig zag is such an awesome finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how your card turned out also Glenda. Love the real stitching around the edge with the zig-zag sticthes at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your “real” stitching it looks fabulous,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your real stitching makes a fabulous border Glenda, love the zig zaggy bits! I'm going to set my ancient machine up in my son's room (he has left the nest!) and catch up on some some stitching. The mending basket is overflowing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}