02 September 2021

pretty in pastels

Just a reminder... in the Northern Hemisphere there is still officially three weeks of summer left and fall has not arrived, even though the calendar says September! I'm a summer lover so am holding on as long as I can!

Our challenge at Seize the Birthday this week is pastel colours! Thanks to JoAnn for this challenge... I default to bright colours so this was a good challenge to get me out of my comfort zone.  That said, I stayed firmly in my CAS comfort zone for this card.  I quite like coral coloured poppies so that was my inspiration for this card. Please ignore my misaligned enamel dots.  I tried to fix one but the adhesive on those suckers is pretty aggressive.  I could have fixed it in Photoshop but then I decided not to... embrace the imperfection. ;) It may be hard to see but I stamped the birthday on light green.


Be sure to pop on over to the blog to check out the beautiful creations from the design team and our Surprise Party Guest, Jenny.


Hope you have a terrific day and a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Glenda

Card details:
Celebrate the day - 4.25" x 5.5"
Stamps: SU! poppy, Avery Elle sentiment, Taylored Expressions grid
Ink: Versafine Black, Versamark, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper: kraft, white, green
Accessories: Derwent watercolour pencils, enamel dots, clear embossing powder, Tim Holtz water brush

9 comments:

  1. You and me, we will be hanging onto summer as long as possible! Such a pretty card - the poppy is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have to worry about hanging on to summer here in the south (Florida) as it is more like summer all year long. I love your CAS card Glenda. Your poppy is so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your poppy and your pop of yellow! Great card! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout -- the grid background is pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poppy is my favorite flower in any color. Although the weather feels like fall here, I have yet to make a fall card. I am with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wispy sentiment makes a great stem for the poppy, love the pop of green and yellow, beautifully CAS, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gonna be summer here in FL for a long time yet. Great design and love the poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your CAS style Glenda! And poppy is one of my favorite flowers, so any color is perfect for that little flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poppies are one of my favorites as well - and I love this coral version. The yellow enamel dots match well with the rest of the card, quite unexpectedly, never mind them not being in a straight line! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting! I appreciate it so much. An extra little thank you if you are a regular follower. Big hugs to all! :D {Anonymous comments not allowed - too much spam!}